Office of the
Bishop of Waikato
104 Morrinsville Road
Charlotte Brown House
Te Ara Hou Village
P O Box 21, Hamilton
Phone: 0064 7 857-0020
Fax: 0064 7 856-9975
Office of the
Bishop of Taranaki
566 Mangorei Road
R D 1, New Plymouth
Phone: 0064 6 759-1178
Fax: 0064 6 759-1180
Anglican Diocese of Waikato and Taranaki
Welcome to the Diocese of Waikato and Taranaki.
The Diocese of Waikato and Taranaki stretches from the iron sands of South Taranaki to the beautiful Bay of Plenty; some of the most spectacular and abundant land of the North Island of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Taking its name from the mighty Waikato river and the majesty of Mt Taranaki, the Diocese honours its shared heritage with the people of Te Manawa o te Wheke and Te Upoko o te Ika.
The Diocese of Waikato was constituted in 1926. In 2010, and honouring the dream of Bishop Selwyn 165 years ago, the Diocese was renamed as the Diocese of Waikato and Taranaki.
This Diocese holds a unique place in the Anglican Communion, having two Bishoprics; the Bishopric of Waikato and the Bishopric of Taranaki. This also means that there are two co-equal Diocesan Bishops; The Bishop of Waikato and the Bishop of Taranaki; and two Cathedrals, the Waikato Cathedral Church of St Peter and theTaranaki Cathedral Church of St Mary.
The Bishopric of Waikato is currently vacant. The Bishopric of Taranaki is led by The Most Rev'd Philip Richardson, who is also the Archbishop of the New Zealand Dioceses.
To find out more visit our 'about us' page.
Nominations for the 7th Bishop of Waikato: Open from 4th June through 6th July.
Make Time for Missions: 22nd June, Te Kuiti
Quiet Day: 22nd June, Friary of the Divine Compassion
Non Stipendiary Clergy Forum 28-29 June, Houchen
LSM Teams Forum: 19-20 July, Houchen House, Hamilton
ChildSafe Training: 3 August, Houchen House, Hamilton
ELECTORAL COLLEGE: 16-18 August, Southwell School, Hamilton
Ministry School: 27 - 29 August, Finlay Park, Karapiro
Electoral College Process to Nominate the 7th Bishop of Waikato: